|Gardenia Bakeries (KL) Sdn Bhd (139386-X)|
Gardenia Sales & Distribution Sdn Bhd (184776-H)
Bakers Maison (M) Sdn Bhd (700548-A)
Millif Industries Sdn Bhd (397190-A)
|collectively known as|
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Dear Customers and Suppliers,
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 or “PDPA” which came into force on 15 November 2013 is intended to protect the personal data of individuals (as defined in the PDPA 2010) which is in the possession of third parties. PDPA regulates the processing of personal data in Malaysia and requires us to notify you on matters relating to your personal data that is being processed, or that is to be collected and further processed us.
As such, we wish to inform you that your personal data which you have provided to Gardenia in the course of your personal or business dealings with Gardenia is used or may be used, among others, for the following purposes (if applicable) :-
- For compliance with the Companies Act 1965;
- For our Group’s branding, communications and corporate affairs;
- For our Group’s marketing and promotion activities including but not limited to conducting research, market surveys, trend analysis and provision of information for advertising purposes;
- For the delivery of our products and the provision of our services to your business and/or your company;
- To respond to your queries, requests, comments and feedback submitted by your company/business;
- For processing of orders and applications submitted by your company/business;
- For carrying out obligations in relation to any agreement or contract with your company/business with us;
- For the processing of billings and payments;
- For auditing and statistical analysis;
- To conduct background and reference checks to verify the information provided to us ( this is strictly for the purpose of processing credit applications received from trade customers who requested for credit terms) ;
- For security and fraud prevention purposes; and
- Other legitimate purposes as determined by Gardenia.
Gardenia will treat all information received by us about you private and confidential. We may disclose information that you consider confidential to third parties (whether in Malaysia or abroad) including but not limited to Gardenia’s holding company, intermediate and ultimate holding companies, subsidiaries, associated, related and affiliated companies as well as their subsidiaries, associated and affiliated companies, both local and international (“Group”), agents, contractors, partners, advertisers, consultants, network operators, any regulatory authority or relevant financial institutions, as the case may be, any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to Gardenia, and any of Gardenia’s actual or proposed assignees or transferees of Gardenia’s rights to use, disclose, hold, process, retain or transfer such Personal Data for and on behalf of Gardenia.
We will not disclose any information we hold about you to others except:
- when required to do so by law;
- where it is necessary to do so in order to complete a transaction with you, including but without limitation to any supply of goods and services; or
- at your request or with your consent.
Under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, you may have right of access to the information we hold about you, or to have inaccurate information corrected. Please send a written notice to Gardenia indicating the same via registered post or email to the relevant address set out under “Contact Information” within 30 days from the date of this letter. You agree that we may process, disclose or use any information we hold about you in a location in Malaysia or outside Malaysia for the purposes anticipated in this notice.
We may hold documents on your behalf in electronic or digitised format for 7 years. If you wish us to destroy or expunge such documents, we are not able to destroy the copies of such documents which are held in our hard drives or in any other system where such data is stored only for the purpose of disaster recovery.
We can be contacted at :
|By email:||email@example.com ( for Marketing Department)
firstname.lastname@example.org ( for Sales and other Department)|
|By post :||Gardenia Bakeries (KL) Sdn Bhd
For Gardenia Group of Companies
Lot 3 Jalan Pelabur 23/1
40300 Shah Alam
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Note: In the event of a conflict between the English version of this Privacy Notice and the Bahasa Malaysia and Mandarin version, the English version shall prevail.